How to Become a Character Artist for Film & Games
In this podcast, we talk about the steps you can take to become a 3D character artist for the Film and Games industry. We talk about the tools you need to learn, like Maya and ZBrush, and the core principles needed.
– Maya/3ds Max
– Mari/Substance Painter
– Marvelous Designer
The steps are:
– Concept sculpting
– Topology and UVs
– Additional sculpting
– Export out maps and publish a model.
– Start painting the maps based on the final model
– Use displacement, curvature, cavity etc
– Spend more time on bump than on color (depends on the character and shot)
– Not studying the fundamentals
– Not getting reference
We hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Make sure to follow us on our other social media to stay on top of what we do.
Website – https://flippednormals.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/flippednormals
Twitter – https://twitter.com/flippednormals
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/flippednormals/
Subscribe now to stay up to date with future videos!